In the night from 8 to 9 December Moscow time in Toronto hosted a fight among women’s Flyweight in the ultimate fighting championship (UFC). For the title, fought a 30-year-old Russian Valentina Shevchenko and 31-year-old pole Joanna Jędrzejczyk. After five rounds by unanimous decision the winner was recognized our compatriot.
Shevchenko became the first Russian to have won this title, and the second current UFC champion from Russia (the first holder of this title was Khabib Nurmagomedov). About the most interesting facts from the lives of athletes — read our article on SPLETNIK.RU.
1. Valentina Shevchenko started wrestling in five years. Her coach, Pavel Fedotov, is still her mentor. To compete in mixed martial arts she began at the age of 15.
Pavel Fedotov and Valentin Shevchenko
2. The athlete was born in Kyrgyzstan, but several years living in Peru and is a citizen of this country.
3. Valentina is a 34-year-old sister Antonina, who is also involved in mixed fighting. The girls, by the way, there is a fighting nickname. Valentina’s name is Bullet, and her sister, the Panther.
Valentina and Antonina Shevchenko
4. Among the other athletes Hobbies — pistol shooting. It is not just her hobby — she also performs at competitions in practical shooting of firearms.
5. Sporting achievements Valentina Shevchenko is very impressive: she is an 11-time world champion in Muay Thai, three-time world champion kickboxing and twofold world champion in MMA.
6. In addition, Valentina together with her sister since the childhood is engaged in dances: flamenco, and lezginka (this is a favorite dance of Antonina), and even “Gypsy girl”. By the way, the dances she teaches.
New UFC Women’s Flyweight Champion, Valentina Shevchenko. #UFC231 pic.twitter.com/KQYm2AHtLV
— Skull GIF [6-1] (@GIFSkull) 9 Dec 2018
7. The sportswoman has many tattoos, each of them has a special value. My first tattoo, the logo of the Federation of Thai Boxing, she did at 18.
8. Education Valentina Shevchenko, a Director.
I graduated from the Institute of arts named beyshenalievoy. For me the art is in the first place. A martial art with the same expression as the others. As ancient Greeks used to say, “the art of life first, and life is the greatest of the arts”. So I try to live it to be interesting, studying and learning many new things
was all she said.
9. One athlete witnessed an armed robbery in one of the restaurants in Peru, where she dined with his coach, stormed criminals. Luckily she was not injured, but Pavel Fedotov, was severely injured and spent several months in the hospital.
10. What to personal life, the athlete is not married. If she has a beloved — a mystery. According to her sister, the fans of Valentina a lot, however, is to tie the knot she is not in a hurry.
She has her own goal, so Val is not going to make a relationship
— admitted Shevchenko is the eldest.