The crash of a Boeing 737 MAX 8 of Ethiopian Airlines close to Addis Ababa Sunday, a little more than four months after a similar accident to a unit of Lion Air in Indonesia, led to more countries to close their airspace for this model of aircraft and countless client companies to nail him to the ground.
Some 370 aircraft of the Boeing 737 family the MAX, mainly in its version MAX 8, have been delivered at this stage.
– Countries that prohibit their airspace –
– In Europe :
The european aviation safety Agency (EASA, 32 member States including all the countries of the EU) was closed on Tuesday, the european airspace to Boeing 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 they are into, from, or within the european Union.
Serbia has banned the 737 MAX 8 and 9, the Albania all the 737 MAX.
– Elsewhere in the world :
Canada has banned Wednesday from its airspace, the 737 MAX 8 and MAX 9 “until further notice”, after having analyzed “the satellite data, which suggest a similarity in the profile of the flight,” Boeing crashed of Lion Air and Ethiopian. Air Canada operates 24 aircraft, WestJet has 13.
Egypt, Turkey, Lebanon, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the united arab Emirates and Kuwait have banned all of the Boeing 737 MAX in their airspace.
Malaysia and equatorial Guinea have done the same for the B-737 MAX 8 and Serbia to the MAX 8 and 9.
Namibia has it closed its airports to all the series of the 737 MAX but did not prevent them from crossing its airspace.
– The countries that suspend flights –
– China :
China has ordered its airlines to suspend flights of the Boeing 737 Max 8. A total of 76 Boeing family 737 MAX have been delivered to about a dozen chinese airlines.
– Indonesia :
Indonesia, which the company Lion Air lost a Boeing 737 MAX 8 on the 29th October 2018, with 189 people on board, was immobilized on Monday its fleet of 11 Boeing 737 MAX 8.
– Other countries :
Oman has suspended the operations of 5 Boeing 737 MAX of the national airline, Oman Air and prohibits the flight of the 737 MAX and the destination of the sultanate, the republic of Korea has requested the blocking of the two devices of the local company, cheap Easter Jet.
Mongolia has nailed to the ground the single 737 MAX 8 of the national carrier, Mongolian Airlines, and Kazakhstan did the same for the only MAX 8 of his company SCAT Airlines.
India has nailed it Tuesday, on the ground, fleets of Boeing 737 MAX to its airline Spicejet and Jet Airways.
– The companies that lock their aircraft
– Ethiopian Airlines has nailed to the ground 4 Boeing 737 MAX 8 remaining.
– Tuifly (Germany and Great Britain, 15 aircraft), flyDubai (united arab Emirates, 13), Gol (Brazil, 7), Aeromexico (Mexico, 6), LOT (Poland, 5), Aerolineas Argentinas (Argentina, 5), Icelandair (Iceland, 3), Comair (South Africa, 1), S7 (Russia, 2) and Cayman Airways (Cayman Islands, 2) have immobilized their Boeing 737 MAX 8.
– Norwegian Air Shuttle (Norway, 18 aircraft) and Turkish Airlines (Turkey, 12) were nailed to the ground their Boeing 737 MAX, before their authority, air safety does require them.
– Those who continue the exploitation –
– The United States believed that there was no reason to nail to the ground the Boeing 737 MAX 8. “So far our review of the record shows no problem of performance and does not provide any reason for ordering the immobilization of the aircraft,” said the federal Agency of aviation (FAA).
– The companies of the us Southwest (34 aircraft) and American Airlines (24) have reported that the flights of their Boeing 737 MAX continued for the time being.
– Reports of orders and requests for repairs –
The company’s indonesian Lion Air announced Tuesday the postponement of the receipt of an order of four Boeing 737 MAX.
Norwegian Air Shuttle has cautioned Wednesday that it would “send the invoice” of the asset of its 18 aircraft to Boeing.