The Impact raises a point in New York

The Montreal Impact delivered a 0-0 victory-style draw on Saturday against New York City FC.

The Impact (2-2-1) was reduced by one player after the 70 th minute when Maximiliano Urruti was ejected from the game after picking up a red card for a dangerous tackle at the expense of Maxime Chanot.

The NYCFC (0-1-4) then increased the pressure in the Impact’s territory, forcing head coach Remi Garde to replace Harry Novillo with Victor Cabrera, a defensive player, at 77. e. Substitution paid off and Montrealers were able to leave Yankee Stadium with a point in their pocket.

The Impact feared the worst a few minutes before Urruti’s expulsion in the second half. The New York training thought he had opened the scoring in the 63 th minute, but the net Ismael Tajouri-Shradi was recalled because of an offside.

Zakaria Diallo, who was back in the game after picking up a red card against Orlando City, could have provided the victory to the Impact at the 94 th, but his shot in the penalty area was wide.

The home of NYCFC is a place where the impact has not been very successful, as indicated by its page of gain – 1 st August 2015 – two losses and three ties.

The absence of Ignacio Piatti, whose right knee injury is so severe that we already know he will not be able to face DC United April 9 in Washington, was felt – especially in attack. Guard was able to count on Harry Novillo from the first minute of play, after the famous saga of the passport.

The draw proved a real balm for Montrealers, especially after the historic 7-1 loss against Sporting Kansas City last week.

A first half without history

We expected a trench war and we got it.

The first half was also particularly soporific; the New York formation offered a ball possession clinic to the Impact, without finding any fault in the Montreal defensive front.

The new NYCFC player Alexandru Mitrita, nicknamed the Romanian atomic ant, was behind the first alert in the territory of the Impact. His point-blank shot, unchecked in the seventh minute of play, was easily dismissed by goalkeeper Evan Bush.

The first real scoring chance Guard men occurred in the 32 th minute. Saphir Taider however could not complete the play orchestrated by Urruti at the entrance to the penalty area, since goalkeeper Sean Johnson recovered the ball in time to avoid the threat.

Taider returned to the charge just before intermission, on a set kick, but his head was stopped by Johnson.