The number of victims “Michael” has grown to 17, and remain without electricity 1.5 million people
Author: Katerina Moskalets
flood hurricane season in Florida
After the hurricane Michael is extremely dangerous, 4th in the “crashed” in Florida, a few days later went to the ocean as petrovicescu cyclone.
The most powerful for 14 years, the hurricane in USA, which is a bit not enough to reach 5 category, had a disastrous attacks on Panhandle, destroying homes and sweeping away everything in its path. Even weakened to a tropical storm, “Michael” brought heavy rains that led to flooding of territories in Virginia and Carolina still has not recovered from hurricane “Florence”.
“The view from my apartment. Window damaged — the incredible flooding. Panama City”.
Some of the most affected districts are on the Northwest Gulf coast, including Bay, Franklin, Gulf, Taylor, and Wakulla. Currently more than 1.5 million people were left without electricity.
“Michael” also resulted in several tornadoes, including one that damaged a dozen homes in Crawford County in Georgia.
On Friday (October 12) morning at the press conference, Brock long, a spokesman for the Federal emergency management Agency (Federal Emergency Management Agency — FEMA), said that the death toll will increase over the next few days as rescuers have still not reached some of the most affected areas.
Here is a list of victims, “Michael”, which is known at the moment:
- Four people died in the County of Gadsden, state of Florida.
- In Georgia 11-year-old Sarah Radni was killed when part of the metal awning fell on the trailer her family and hit her on the head.
- In Virginia, drowned 5 people, including one firefighter Lieutenant brad Clark, who helped on the site of a car accident.
- In North Carolina, 38-year-old man died due to tree falling on his car.
- Two deaths associated with the hurricane also recorded in this state, but the reasons have not yet been reported.
- Another body was discovered in Mexico beach (FL) — the city that virtually erased from the face of the earth.
“Looks like [the route] 98 with my review of Summer House on 23rd Street in Mexico beach. This condominium development have received very little damage. You can’t say the same about the houses that were washed away. Such a sad picture.”
- The Sheriff’s office Jackson County (Florida) also reported on the three victims, but did not specify the cause of death.
Don’t forget to follow our news in social networks:
All new information on the subject you can track on this page: